Sunday 15 March 2015

Positive Vibes

Hi guys. This is gonna be a deep post. I know my posts are usually fun and stuff, but I just thought, "hey, why not try something new". So here I am.

So recently, I had this phase where I hated everything about myself. My personality, my looks, and felt really insecure about myself. At some point or another we will all go through a phase where we feel insecure about something or the other about ourselves. So here are a few tips about how to get over that phase. Before you start, get yourself a pen and notepad. This post is all about lists and inspiration. Enjoy.

1. Look at yourself in the mirror.

Just do it. No, really, do it. Right now. Look at yourself. THIS IS YOU. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Look at yourself and point out the things that you love about yourself. It could be your high cheek bones, your slim figure, your beautiful full lips. Make a list of things you love about yourself. Don't just stop after 3 things. Write at least 10 things. Force yourself to write them down on a sheet of paper. Fold it up and hide it in a place that only you would think to look. Read it when you feel this way in the future. Continue adding to the list. Actually believe that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, and soon, other people will start realizing it too.

2. Treat everyday as though it's your best.

I know this is really cheesy and all, but seriously, do it. Don't start that fight with your annoying little brother. Be grateful for the little things. Enjoy the little things. Be nice to everyone you meet. Surround yourself with the people and the things that make you happy. Life's too short to waste wallowing in negativity. Try your best to stay happy, don't let people put you down. We all have bad days, some worse than other. But we have to find the good hidden within the bad. When you have a bad day, force yourself to write at least 5 good things that happened. Don't focus on the bad things in life.


3. Love you for YOU

You are you. You can't change that. Accept it and move on. Your best friends, love you because you're you. Your family, loves you for you. Love yourself and don't EVER try to change yourself, for anyone or anything. Be happy with who you are, and don't try and change. YOU ARE YOU, and you are perfect. Just the way you are. Okay, all cheesy-ness aside, this is the most important one. If you can't love yourself, then how can you expect anyone else to love you? Like you did with your appearance, create a list on things that you love about you. The things that make you, well... you. Your interests, your obsessions, your fears. Hide this list as well, and look at it when you feel down or feel horrible about yourself. Just do it.

4. NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP... ever.

So you failed a test. Pick yourself up, get on your feet and come back stronger. Fight back harder. Practice on what you failed on last time. Learn from it. Get better, Improve. Now, recently I tried to get my brown belt (I do karate). I failed. I cried for hours. I had tried my very hardest and failed because of ONE THING. I was so disappointed in myself. The whole fitness testing was awful and hard and horrible. I think I nearly passed out. But I just kept thinking that I wasn't good enough. I really didn't want to go through the same test again, let alone spend 3-4 months learning things that I already knew off by heart. People tried to cheer me up, but it just made me feel worse. Now, I have this inspiration wall, in my bedroom. And I looked at it and I read this one quote.


And it made me get up. It made me stop feeling sorry for myself. Was crying going to change anything? No. I got back up. I ignored the fact that my friends had moved up and become brown belts. I accepted that fact that I was still a blue belt, and moved on. Because feeling sorry for yourself gets you nowhere. Wallowing in your own misery, doesn't make the situation any different. It's not the end of the world if you fail. Really, it's not like it's a life or death situation. There's always a next time. So hopefully, next time I get my brown belt. Maybe I won't. But I will never find out if I don't try again

My advice to you: When you're feeling down... Inspire your self. Make your own inspiration wall. Fill it with inspiring pictures and quotes or just print out some quotes that will cheer you up if you ever feel this way again. Here are some to get you started:










5. Life's too short to wait around.

Why should I do any of this? You honestly don't have to. But remember, you can't expect a situation to get better without doing anything about it. And there's no point in waiting for the issue to go away or resolve itself. Go for what you want, try your best in everything. The whole point of this post is to help you, to INSPIRE YOU. 


Thanks for reading this. I hope that you have benefited, in some shape or form, from this post. I hope that it has inspired you and helped you out. Please comment if this has helped you in anyway. And why not follow me on blog lovin'? It would make my day!


Thanks for reading.
See ya next time guys
And may the odds be EVER in your favour!
Eversparkxxx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, I'm sure it'll be really helpful to lots of your readers. Everyone needs reminding of these things once in a while. I hope you feel better now and much happier in yourself! Great post :) x
    Ally | www.uptownpeach.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this post is soo inspiring! I get how you mean it's a little cheesy, but I love that way. Hope you can apply these tips to your personal life to make you feel better!! I have a quite similar post and I wouldn't mind if you checked it out: http://afrobeebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/what-to-do-when-youre-feeling-down.html

    Thanks, Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie aka:Lil Lunatic30 June 2016 at 19:35

    wow....what an inspirational page!!!! Just enough uuummmppphhh for me to realize all that I have to be thankful for.....not just me but my husband as well who was recently incaecerated!!!! Yes we all make mistakes "we are HUMAN...go figure" There are judgements and condemning made due to certain affiliations....when in TRUTH only our higher power can be the judge!!!! thank you for the ray of light/sunshine these brought to my heart/soul!!! Will share with the hubby and will be greatly appreciated!!!! After all "how can stars shine without the presence of DARKNESS!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...